e. VHF DF Antennas AS-1526/TRQ-30(V), AS-
152 7/TR Q30(V) and AS-1528/TRQ-30(V).
(1) Select antenna which covers desired frequency.
Install and connect antenna as described above. Be sure to align
setscrew with slot in mast.
(2) Turn VHF receiver to desired signal. It may be
easier to fine tune receiver with vertical antenna. Remove
vertical antenna before taking directional reading indicated
(3) Set receiver ANT switch to the 2 position. Adjust
VHF antenna tuning control to give strongest signal. It may be
necessary to rotate antenna mast to get a good signal.
(4) Adjust TRIM control of receiver to give strongest
signal. Repeat step 3 to peak adjustments.
(5) Locate target transmitter using direction finding
operation steps below.
(6) To monitor or record incoming signal, turn antenna
mast for a strong signal or switch to another antenna.
2-10 DIRECTION FINDING OPERATION. Use the following
procedure to find the location of a target transmitter.