During df operation, the operator should not
stand near the antenna loop.
accuracy is best when the operator sits or
kneels next to the equipment on the ground.
(1) Install and connect antenna as described above.
Be sure to align setscrew with the slot in mast.
(2) Connect null meter to diode from the receiver with
cable assembly CG-406H/U.
(3) Set antenna BAND switch to same band as HF
receiver. Set FREQ in MHZ selector to frequency nearest
desired operating frequency.
(4) Tune HF receiver to desired signal. It may be
easier to tune receiver with vertical antenna. Remove vertical
antenna before taking directional reading indicated below.
(5) Set receiver ANT switch to the 2 position.
Adjust HF df antenna tuning control to give strongest signal. It
may be necessary to rotate antenna mast to get a good signal.
(6) Locate target transmitter using direction finding
operation steps below.
(7) To monitor or record incoming signal, turn antenna
mast for a strong signal or switch to another antenna.