b. VHF Radio Receiver R-1518/UR. Signal types are:
amplitude modulation (AM), frequency modulation (FM), and
continuous wave (CW).
(1) Check to see that components are properly
(2) Select antenna which works best. Move antenna
as necessary for best reception. Adjust TRIM control for
maximum signal strength.
(3) Set FUNCTION switch to FM, AM, or CW as
(a) It may be possible to tune in single sideband
signals on CW.
BANDWIDTH switch be set to 75 kHz.
(c) AM and CW signals are usually best
received with BANDWIDTH switch set to 10 kHz.
(4) Adjust TUNE control to tune in desired signal.
Press tuning control for fast scan tuning. Do not press tuning
control for fine tuning. Fine tune receiver for best sound quality.
Readjust TRIM control for maximum signal strength.
(5) Set VOL and RF GAIN controls as follows: