c. Faulty Parts Location.
(1) Connect A16 to a 12-volt, dc-power
source. Measure the voltages at
the points outlined in the chart in
(2) below. Compare them with the
normal dc voltages listed.
Note: Measure all voltages to ground.
(2) Dc voltage chart.
(3) Remove the module extender.
86. Isolating Trouble in Module A17
(fig. 23 and 69)
Figure 67, Module A15, parts location.
(1) Prepare the following equipment:
(a) Multimeter ME-26B/U.
(receptacle for A16) and insert A16
into the module extender.
(2) Prepare Multimeter ME-26B/U.
(3) Set the front panel controls of the
receiver-transmitter as follows:
(a) BAND switch at 30-52.
(b) Tuning knobs to 30.00 mc.
(c) Function switch at ON.
b. Output Voltage Test.
(1) Connect the ME-26B/U between
pins C and D of A16J1, and note the
(2) Connect the ME-26B/U between
A16J2 and ground. The ME-26B/U
should indicate the same voltage as
that in (1) above.
(3) Connect the ME-26B/U between
pins F and D of A16J1. With exactly
+10 volts input, the ME-26B/U
should indicate +9.5 volts dc 0.5.
With a +15 volts dc input 0, the
ME-26B/U should indicate +10
volts dc 0.5.
(4) Connect the ME-26B/U between
A16J3 and ground. The ME-26B/U
should provide the same indica-
tions as given in (3) above.
Figure 68. Module A 16, parts location.