Figure 4-15. Control Panel C-834/TMQ-5, Front View.
ADJUSTMENTS, ALIGNMENT, REPAIR,
4-10. Removal and Replacement of Chart
(5) Remove the chart drive motor studs.
(6) Loosen the two Allenhead setscrews (fig.
4-17) from the chart drive motor pinion gear and pull
the pinion gear free of the motor shaft.
(1) Remove the frequency-time recorder chassis
(7) Remove the chart drive motor from the
from the cabinet.
frequency-time recorder chassis.
(2) Remove the chart drive motor connecting
b. Replacement. Install a new chart drive motor as
leads from the terminal board (fig. 4-16).
(3) Secure the chart drive mechanism gears with
(1) Install the chart drive motor in its brackets
masking tape to prevent the gears from separating
in the frequency-time recorder chassis. Be sure that
the pinion gear meshes properly with the other chart
(4) Remove the three nuts and washers (fig.
drive mechanism gears.
4-17) that hold the chart drive motor to the mount-
(2) Install the motor studs. Secure the motor
with the three nuts and lockwashers.
(3) Tighten the two Allenhead setscrews on the
Remove only the three accessible nuts. Do
not attempt to remove the inaccessible
(4) Remove the masking tape. Remove any resi-
nut as it is the only thing holding the mo-
due from the masking tape from around the gear
tor together when the other nuts are re-