Battery and Battery Cover Removal and Replacement Procedure (PICVC Headset only)
VIEW INSIDE OF EARCUP
WITH BATTERY REMOVED
Figure 3-17. Battery and Battery Cover
1. Using a flat tipped screwdriver, loosen the captive screws securing the battery cover (2) to
the earcup (1) and remove the battery cover.
2. Grasp battery (3) and remove from battery compartment.
WHEN INSTALLING REPLACEMENT BATTERY IN THE CVC HELMET BATTERY
COMPARTMENT, DO NOT PLACE ALKALINE AA BATTERY IN THE RECHARGEABLE
SLOT. PLACE THE ALKALINE AA BATTERY IN THE ALKALINE SLOT ONLY.
ALKALINE BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE OR LEAK IF RECHARGED OR CONNECTED
1. Examine battery to determine whether it is a rechargeable or alkaline type and locate proper
slot identified in the earcup battery compartment.
2. Insert the rechargeable battery in the "rechargeable" slot, or the alkaline battery in the
"alkaline" slot, as shown in the earcup battery compartment.
3. Position the battery cover (2) on the earcup (1) battery compartment. Using a flat tipped
screwdriver, tighten captive screws until battery cover is secure.