DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. GENERAL
Direct support maintenance consists of replacement of
the switch bracket assembly and certain chassis
mounted components. Procedures are included in this
chapter for replacement. Each replacement procedure
references the test procedure of chapter 4 that must be
5-3. Tools and Equipment
performed to make sure that repair has been
There are no special tools or equipment required to
accomplish direct support maintenance tasks.
Section II. TROUBLESHOOTING
5-4. Troubleshooting Information
section III. When a fault is isolated which requires direct
support maintenance personnel to perform the
replacement procedure, the procedures in section III of
this chapter are required.
maintenance are included within the organizational
maintenance troubleshooting procedure of chapter 4,
Section III. MAINTENANCE OF MONITOR RECEIVER
5-5. Maintenance Information
(1) Replace the switch bracket by reversing the
procedure in a above.
Maintenance procedures for direct support maintenance
(2) Perform the test procedure of paragraph
consist of changing certain chassis mounted parts of the
monitor receiver. The replacement procedures refer to
the test procedures of chapter 4 which are required to
5-7. Removal and Replacement of Chassis Mounted
check that repair has been successfully completed.
There are no direct support maintenance tasks for the
5-6. Removal and Replacement of Switch Bracket
(1) Remove the wires to the part and tag the
(2) Remove the nuts or screws holding the part
(1) Remove RF amplifier PCB A3. Refer to
to the chassis.
(2) Tag and unsolder the connections to XA3
(1) Replace the part by reversing the procedure
in a above.
(2) Perform the maintenance turn on procedure
(3) Tag and unsolder the connections (13) to
the switch bracket (14).
of table 4-2.
(4) Remove two nuts (7), lockwashers (6) and
flat washers (5) holding the switch bracket (14) to the
front panel (7).