Figure 3-1. Control, Radio Set C-7197/ARC-134,
controls and indicator.
3-3. Operating Procedures
Plus 27.5 volts must be present on the aircraft
direct current (dc) bus when the radio set is op-
a. Turn On. Perform the following operating
procedures each time the radio set is turned on.
Figure 3-2. Receiver- Transmitter RT- 857/ARC-134,
controls and indicators.
(1) Check to see that the control unit OFF-
PWR switch is set to OFF.
(2) Set the VOL. control to approximately
Do not tune the radio set to an emergen-
cy operational frequecy during the fol-
(3) Set the C-1611D/AIC controls as re-
lowing procedure; otherwise, flight safe-
quired to enable operation of the AN/ARC-134
ty of airborne personnel may be en-
(4) A headset must be available to monitor
received audio signals. If the headset does not
(1) Set the MHz and kHz. tuning controls
contain a microphone, use an auxiliary so that
as necessary to tune the radio set to a predeter-
voice signals can be transmittal.
mined operational frequency.
(5) Set the aircraft master power switch to
(11) Check to see that the desired frequency
the on position.
appears in the VHF COMM frequency indicator
(6) Press the aircraft circuit breaker that
supplies power to the C1611D/AIC.
(12) Establish two-way voice communication
with the monitoring station.
(7) Press the aircraft circuit breaker that
supplies power to the radio set.
(8) Check to see that the control unit panel
Press the push-to-talk switch and speak into the
microphone to transmit. Release the push-to-talk
switch to receive.
(9) Set the OFF-PWR switch to PWR.