Description and Usable on Code (UOC) (Column 6). This column includes the following
1. The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
2. The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry (insert
applicable physical security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec C1 - Confidential, Phy
Sec C1 (S) Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) Top Secret).
3. Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
4. Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the
assembled item line entry.
5. Part numbers for built materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
6. When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial
numbers are shown on the last line of the description (before UOC).
7. Usable on code when applicable (para. 5).
8. In the Special Tools section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of
equipments supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total
authorization is increased proportionately.
9. The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for
a given figure in both Section II and Section III.
g. Qty (Column 7). Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration
figure, which is prepared for a functional group, sub functional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity
may vary from application to application.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (Section IV)
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
1. Stock number column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN. When using this column to
locate an item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN. When requisitioning items use the
complete NSN (13-digit) sequence.
2. Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
illustrations are in numerical sequence in Sections II and III.
3. Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the
adjacent Fig. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending
1. 0identified/located in Sections II and III.
Item column. The item numbers is that numbers assigned to the item as it appears in the
figure referenced in the adjacent figure number column.