(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the func-
pressed by a two-character alphabetical abbreviation (e.g.,
ea, in, pr, etc). When the unit of measure differs from the
tional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration and
unit of issue, the lowest unit of issue that will satisfy the
note the illustration figure and item number of the item.
required units of measure will be requisitioned.
h. Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the
figure and item number noted on the illustration.
of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration
figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunc-
b. When National stock number or part number is
tional group, or an assembly.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Num-
4. Special Information
bers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National stock
The following publication pertains to the
number or part number. This index is in NIIN sequence
AN/ARC-l15A(V)1 and its components: TM
followed by a list of part numbers in alphameric sequence,
11-5821-260-12-1, Radio Set AN/ARC-115A(V)1.
cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and
5. How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item num-
ber, locate the figure and item number in the repair parts
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the
functional group within which the item belongs. This is
necessary since illustrations are prepared for functional
groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
(Next printed page is 4)