c. NSN (Column (3)). The national stock number for the item is listed in this column.
d. CAGEC (Column (4)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code
which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
e. Part Number (Column (5)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of
its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the part ordered.
f. Description and Usable on Code (UOC) (Column (6)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for a given
figure in both section II and section III.
g. Qty (Column (7)). Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure,
which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A V appearing in this column in
lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from application to application.
4. Explanation of Columns (Section IV)
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN.
(2) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
illustrations are in numerical sequence in sections II and III.
(3) Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent Fig.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
(1) CAGEC column. This column lists the Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC).
(2) Part number column. This column indicates the part number assigned to the item.
(3) Stock number column. This column lists the National stock number for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the part number and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in sections II
(5) Item column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced
in the adjacent figure number column.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four
digits of the NSN. Use the complete NSN (13 digits) when
requisitioning items by stock number.