(c) The function selector switch knob (item 3)
(d) SQUELCH control knob (item 4)
(e) AUDIO control knob (item 5)
Remove nine screws and lockwashers (H1, figure 1) from the panel assembly. Set
screws and lockwashers aside for reuse during reassembly of the end item.
Carefully remove indicating panel from radio set chassis to expose wiring.
Unsolder the green wire from the terminal stud on the rear surface of the panel
Unsolder the white wire from the terminal stud on the rear surface of the panel
Remove the panel assembly from the radio set.
Remove the RCVR TEST dust boot from the panel and set aside for reuse during
assembly of the end item.
Set the panel assembly aside for return to the Depot for disposition.
Install RCVR TEST dust boot through the opening in the new ANVIS panel assembly.
Ensure dust boot is properly seated at the rear of the panel.
(10) Place new ANVIS panel assembly in close proximity to front of radio set to allow resol-
dering of the wires.
Terminal stud E3 is not used.
(11) Solder one of the wires (green or white) to terminal stud E2 on rear surface of the
ANVIS panel assembly.
(12) Solder the other wire to terminal stud E1 on the rear surface of the ANVIS panel
(13) Carefully place or push both wires into the chassis recess as the ANVIS panel assembly
is placed on the front chassis of the radio set.
(14) Install the new ANVIS panel assembly to the radio set using nine screws and lockwash-
ers (H1, figure 1). Replace any missing or damaged screws or lockwashers.