b. Test Equipment. The following test equipment is required to test the end item after the
(1) Signal Generator AN/USM-44A
(2) Electronic Voltmeter ME-30A/U
(3) Test Facilities Kit MK-994/AR
(4) Headset-Microphone H-101A/U
(5) Digital Readout Electronic Counter AN/USM-207A
(6) 50-ohm adapter (p/o AN/URM-145)
(7) Wattmeter AN/URM-120
(8) Signal Generator AN/URM-127
(9) Multimeter ME-26B/U
(10) Transmitter/regulator radio set assembly A2
c. Special Tools, Jigs, and Fixtures. Special tools, jigs, and fixtures are not required for this
10. Modification Procedure.
Before starting, familiarize yourself with the entire procedure in this paragraph. To minimize
equipment off-line time, inventory the kit, identify parts, obtain required tools, and observe the loca-
tion of parts to be installed.
(1) Loosen two setscrews in each of the following control knobs. Remove knobs from their
respective control shafts (see figure 1).
If the radio set is equipped with a sealing kit, be sure to remove the seals horn the
front panel control shafts and the dust boot from the RCVR TEST pushbutton.
Inspect all seals and the dust boot for damage. Replace damaged or defective seals
or dust boot. Clean dirty seals with a clean, lint-free cloth and relubricate with a
silicone-type lubricant if required. Set the seals and the dust boot aside for reuse
during reassembly of the end item.
(a) The left MEGAHERTZ control knob (item 1)
(b) The right MEGAHERTZ control knob (item 2)