Figure 3-5. Fan panel, rear view.
b. Unlatch and pull out the frequency-time re-
c. Loosen the screws from the rear cabinet
corder. Open the recorder window and perform
panel, then remove the rear panel of the cabinet
and perform the following operations:
the following operations:
(1) Remove the chart.
(1) Clean the tops of the converter amplifier
(2) Remove dust and dirt from the top of the
and power supply chassis.
drawer, the lamps, the reflector, and the pen-
(2) Remove all dust and dirt from the bottom
heater contact bar (fig. 3-6).
of the converter amplifier and power supply chas-
(3) Remove the cover of the slide and trolley
sis. Do not move any wires or adjustments.
wires. Carefully clean these wires and their con-
tacts with a cloth or brush moistened with clean-
Do not attempt to remove dust and dirt
from wire assemblies with a brush o r
(4) Clean the chart roller, pen (para 3-10),
rag; use a vacuum system to prevent
and pen carriage carefully. Be sure no lint is left
broken wire connections.
around the penpoint,
(3) Inspect and clean fuses and fuse clips
(5) Secure the frequency-time recorder and
close the recorder window.