DEMOLITION TO PREVENT ENEMY USE
Bend. Bend the panel and cabinet.
When capture or abandonment of the radio set
is imminent, the responsible unit
commander will make the decision to either destroy the
equipment or render it inoperative and issue orders
Be extremely careful with incendiary devices and
which cover the desired extent of destruction.
explosives. Use these items only when other means are
4. Burn. Burn cables, cords and technical
When authorized, use any of the following
manuals, use gasoline, kerosene, oil, flame-throwers, or
methods to destroy the radio set:
1. Smash. Smash the controls, and minor
5. Explode. If explosives are necessary, use
components, use sledges, axes, hand axes, pickaxes,
hammers, or crowbars.
6. Dispose. Bury or scatter the destroyed parts in
2. Cut. Cut all power cables; use axes, hand axes,
slit trenches or foxholes, or throw them into nearby