(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure and item numbers. The NSNs and part numbers are
on the same line as the associated item numbers.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. If you have the national stock number, look in the STOCK NUMBER column of the National Stock
Number Index. The NSN is arranged in national item identification number (NIIN) sequence (see paragraph 4a).
Note the figure and item number next to the NSN.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and locate the item number. Verify that the item is the one you are looking
If you have the part number, look in the PART NUMBER column of the Part Number
Index. Identify the figure and item number, look up the item on the figure in Section II.