2-4. OPERATING PROCEDURES. (CONT)
To ensure that the aircraft is not heading away from the homing station, the aircraft
heading can be checked by slightly turning right or left. If aircraft heading is toward the
homing station, the right-left (vertical) pointer should deflect off center opposite that of
7. Observe homing indicator signal-strength (horizontal) pointer. Over-the-station position is
indicated by signal strength. As aircraft approaches the homing station, the homing signal gets
stronger and the horizontal pointer rises. Maximum signal strength is being obtained when the
pointer is center scale (horizontal).
1. Set mode control switch on control unit to OFF.
2. Turn off aircraft intercommunications system.
3. Release push-to-reset circuit breaker button to open power circuit.
4. Set aircraft master power switch to off.