Figure 92. Uhf injection subunit, left-rear view.
(5) Replace the cover plate and replace
93). Slide the bearing retainer and
the five screws and flat washers (2,
grounding fingers off the casting.
fig. 91 and 92).
(7) Pull the uhf capacitor tuning shaft
(6) Replace the uhf injection subunit in
out of the casting.
the rt unit mainframe (para 108 b).
(1) Replace the uhf capacitor tuning
shaft and align the rotors of the
125. Removal and Replacement of Rf and
capacitors so that the gear at the
Power Amplifier Subassemblies
rear of the tuning shaft is mechan-
a. Removal of Tube Chassis.
ically synchronized with the drive
Before removing the tube chassis, remove
gear on the crystal switch (fig. 94).
the rf and power amplifier subunit from
(2) Insert the bearing retainer in the
the rt unit main frame (para 108 a ).
front slot of the casting. Align the
(1) Remove the side, bottom, and
screw holes and replace the three
retaining screws marked 2 (fig.
manifold covers by removing the
retaining screws and lockwashers
(3) Slide the three grounding fingers
(1, fig. 68 and 69).
(2) Remove the transmitter driver
(2, fig. 94) back in place.
(4) Replace the spring at the rear of
tube, V105 (TM 11-5820-222-20).
the tuning shaft and fasten it with
(3) Carefully heat the junctions of ca-
the two retaining screws (1,
pacitors C105 and C110 (fig. 71)
fig. 94) .
and withdraw the wire and ribbon