therefore, there may be a break in the item number
sequence. Only illustrations containing organiza-
tional authorized items appear in this manual.
5. How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine
the functional group within which the item belongs.
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for
functional groups and listings are divided into the
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the func-
tional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration
and note the illustration figure and item number of
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find
the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National stock number or part number is
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent Na-
tional stock number or part number. This index is in
NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in
alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustra-
tion figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
number, locate the figure and item number in the re-
pair parts list.