Position knobs as close to the panel surface as possible, but not to touch the panel
surface nor interfere with knob movement. Ensure all setscrews are tight.
(16) Install the following knobs onto the associated control shafts. Be sure to install a seal
on each shaft before installing each knob. Use two setscrews per knob.
(a) SQUELCH control knob (item 5)
(b) The function selector switch knob (item 4)
(c) The right MEGAHERTZ control knob (item 3)
(d) The left MEGAHERTZ control knob (item 2)
(e) AUDIO control knob (item 1)
(17) Be sure that the index marks on the knobs correspond to the switch positions or control
ranges as stenciled on the front panel. Rotate switches or controls to verify correction
(18) Install new ANVIS identification plate to side of radio set. Install new plate aft of old
identification plate. Do not remove old plate.
b. Operational Functional Tests. After the radio set has been modified, perform an operational
functional test of the end item.
(1) Mate the transmitter/regulator radio set subassembly A2 to the radio set.
(2) Connect the test equipment as shown in figure 3.
(3) Adjust the dc power input to J28 on the test facilities kit to 28 Vdc ±0.5.
(4) Perform the test procedures given in table 1.
Steps 1 through 20 of the test procedure must be performed in the noise squelch
mode of operation with the SQUELCH control properly setup and adjusted. Steps
21 and 22 require tone squelch setup to verify tone squelch operation. Steps 23 and
24 test receiver distortion and the squelch adjustment need not be changed.
11. Calibration Requirements.
12. Weight and Balance Data.
Weight and balance are not significantly affected.