MWO 11-5821 -259-30-2
(a) AUDIO control knob (item 1)
(b) The left MEGAHERTZ control knob (item 2)
(c) The right MEGAHERTZ control knob (item 3)
(d) The function selector switch knob (item 4)
(e) SQUELCH control knob (item 5)
Inspect all seals for damage. Replace damaged or defective seals.
Clean dirty seals with a clean, lint-free cloth and relubricate with a silicone-type
lubricant if required.
Set all knobs and seals aside for reuse during reassembly of the end item.
Remove 10 screws (H1, figure 1) from the front panel. Set all screws aside for reuse
during reassembly of the end item.
Carefully remove front panel from radio set to expose internal wiring.
Unsolder the wire from the bottom terminal stud at the back of the panel (see figure 2).
Unsolder the other wire from the top terminal stud at the back of the panel (see figure
Remove dust boot from RCVR TEST and set aside for reuse during reassembly of the
end item. Set front panel aside for return to the Depot for disposition.
(lo) Install dust boot in the RCVR TEST recess on the new ANVIS panel assembly. Ensure
dust boot is properly seated at the rear of the panel.
(11) Place new ANVIS panel assembly in proximity of radio set to allow resoldering of the
(12) Solder one of the wires to the top terminal stud on the back of the new ANVIS panel
(13) Solder the other wire to the bottom terminal stud on the back of the new ANVIS panel
(14) Carefully place or push both wires into the chassis recess as the ANVIS panel assembly
is placed on the front chassis.
(15) Install the assembled ANVIS panel assembly to the radio set using 10 screws (H1, fig-
ure 1). Replace any missing or damaged screws or lockwashers. The two longer and
thinner screws are used on either side of the MEGAHERTZ window.